Service Desk Analyst
The Service Desk Analyst will work within finance and operations division and responsible for providing IT support to George Institute China.
More specifically the Service Desk Analyst provides desktop and laptop support, including network and server support and troubleshooting for internal staff via various methods, including phone, email and in-person. The Service Desk Analyst is also responsible for the day to day operation of the Service Desk.
The Service Desk Analyst will need to escalate un-resolved or out of skill tasks to the second tier support vendor of choice.
The Service Desk Analyst is to report to a matrix structure. The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for all things administratively and the Service Desk Team lead based in Sydney is responsible for all things functionally. The Service Desk Analyst will also work closely with the rest of Global Information and Technology team in Sydney.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Responsible for providing technical support to internal staff
• Responsible for ensuring that all issues raised are entered, tracked, monitored and resolved using the centralised helpdesk ticketing software.
• Responsible for the procurement and configuration of all computer hardware and software.
• Responsible for escalating and managing the responses and response times to and from the third party services provider of choice.
• Assist in the resolution of IT problems by liaising with the global service desk.
• Follow and adhere to Information technology Policies and Procedures
• Participate in network and server administration tasks where required
• Liaise with third party vendors and suppliers as required
• Participate in projects that will provide continuous improvement to processes, tools, systems and documentation
• Contribute to the on-call and after hours support service
• Any other accountabilities as agreed with Manager
As a Team Member:
· Participate in team meetings and activities
· Participate in objective setting, performance management
· Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation
Occupational Health and Safety
· Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at the George Institute
· Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Three or more years’ experience in the Information Technology Industry
• Preferably have a tertiary qualification in Computer Sciences or a related field
• Must be able to communicate in English
• PC and laptop Hardware Skills, Basic networking skills and knowledge
• Experience in Windows systems administration
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications
• Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation.
• Ability to work effectively on own and in a small team environment
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service and support skills
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Adaptability and flexibility to handle ambiguous conditions and changing priorities
• Ability to work in a range of settings including autonomously, with a wide range of stakeholders and in small work groups
• Experience on office automation development is preferred