Senior Project Supervisor
The Sr. Project Supervisor is expected to coordinate and implement field level research activities of The George Institute. (S)he is required to work along with the Research Fellow of the research study
The Systematic Medical Appraisal, Referral and Treatment (SMART) Mental Health Programme” and also support other research studies as required.
Senior Research Fellow/Research Fellow of the research study ‘The Systematic Medical Appraisal, Referral and Treatment (SMART) Mental Health Programme’
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all field activities of the research study in study area
- Liaise with local field functionaries of government, private and community to improve networks and participation in the project.
- Develop project implementation plans along with the SRF/RF
- Train project staff and participating staff in implementation of study interventions
- Lead and organize the mapping, data mining, other field related information gathering of the project area
- Provide oversight in monitoring and supervision to field staff associated with the project Prepare monthly progress reports and other documentation in regard to the project to update SRF/RF organize field visits for visiting staff when required to coordinate with other field staff from other region and participate in regular meetings. Any other responsibilities as needed and as specified by the Research Fellow / Head, R&D
Qualifications and Experience
- Essential criteria:
- Bachelors degree in management, social sciences, social work, public health
- 2 years of experience in public health in managing research projects
- Working knowledge of Hindi and English (reading, writing, communication)
- Desirable criteria:
- Masters degree in management, social sciences, social work, public health
- 5 years experience in public health in managing research projects or working with a research organization
- Skills required
- Working knowledge of computers required especially Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the importance of data quality and accuracy in health research
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy laws and guidelines relevant to medical research
The Project Supervisor would have to be prepared to be based in Delhi/Haryana for the entire duration of the study.
The application should include:
- CV with full contact details of three referees
- Detailed cover letter addressing the specific roles and responsibilities and experience requirements, as described above
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 April 2018, clearly stating the job title ‘Sr. Project Supervisor’ in the subject line.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 22/04/2018