Job Title: Research Assistant
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Research Fellow, Injury Division
This is an exciting opportunity for a person keen on developing a career in the field of global injury research or disaster risk or participatory research . The role offers a prospect of working on a range of multi- centre projects in collaboration with some of the leading researchers, clinicians and academic partners.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to development of tools, protocols and carry out Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) in study sites
- Contirbute to policy analysis and stakeholder mapping under guidance
- Data Collection and analyses for qualitative studies
- Preparation of Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) and Governance submissions under guidance
- Conduct research under limited supervision
- Synthesizing literature and contributing to systematic reviews under guidance
- Report writing
- Contribute towards building future projects and grant applications
- Effectively produce and maintain project data. Conduct data analysis and prepare data for publications and reporting.
- Develop and Regularly update study tracking tools and systems
- Adhere to all study protocols and participate in protocol training sessions as required.
- Adhere to safety policies and study SOPs, as outlined by The George Institute.
- Attend study team meetings and appropriately represent The George Institute.
- Other tasks as directed by the investigative team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Post-graduate degree in public health/community medicine/ international public health/ global health/ health policy/ health systems/ public policy / social science or related disciplines *
- Work experience of 1-2 years *
- Well versed with qualitative research methods with a strong focus on methodological rigour
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams, managing relationships with external partners and engaging stakeholders, including those in government
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well flexibly, i.e. independently and engaging with research teams
- Availability and willingness to travel for work
- Experience in Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) techniques
- Competency in the use of qualitative software packages
- Experience in policy analyses and stakeholder mapping
- Publication in peer- reviewed journals/ developing funding applications ,
*Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com by 25th November 2018, clearly mentioning the job title 'Research Assiatant (Mobiility) in the subject line.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 25/11/2018