About Women’s and Child Health Program
The general goal of Women’s and Child Health Program is to improve well-being of women and children in China. Established in 2015, the program seeks to identify and examine interventions that mitigating the gap between supply and demand, improve service quality and health of women and children through innovative approaches and perspectives, such as mHealth and big data analysis. Together with governmental and academic partners, the Program have launched research report on mHealth in maternal and child health care in China, and developed1000 Days mHealth platform to improve service quality and access for pregnant women and children at secondary and community level health facilities. The Program also commits to improve the health outcome of pregnant women with gestational diabetes and their babies through innovative interventions and rigorous clinical trials. Gender analysis of big data set is anther approached adopted to understand the differences in disease outcome and service accessibility between genders and to develop special interventions targeting the difference and barriers.
The Role of the Position
The research assistant will serve as a key member of the Women’s and Child Health Program in the George Institute China Office, and undertake research related task the under supervision and other designated work to support the daily operation.
The Research Assistant will report to the Head of Women’s and Child Health Program directly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
As a research assistant:
· Undertake women’s and/or child health related research tasks under supervision of the team leader, including developing study protocols, operation manuals, data management and analysis, paper writing, etc.;
· Participate in research implementation, including providing technical training to the local research team as required, conducting site supervision, data collection coordination, and other technical tasks for the project;
· Keep routine communications with other department within TGI and external stakeholders to support the work of team leader, and ensure the successful operation of Women’s and Child Health Program;
· Other task designated by the Head of Women’s and Child Health Program.
As a Team Member:
· Participate in team meetings and activities;
· Participate in objective setting and performance management;
· Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organization of GI China.
Occupational Health and Safety
· Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at The George Institute;
· Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
· Master’s or higher degree in public health or epidemiology;
· Experience in women’s and child health related research or work is preferred;
· Familiar with qualitative and quantitative research methods, and proficient in applying at least one type of above research methods;
· Advanced technical writing and oral presentation skills in Mandarin and English;
· Research or working background in e/m-health preferred;
· Solid understanding of research and related ethical principles in the conduct of research;
· Ability to perform advanced statistical analyses, and proficient in applying the following statistical or referencing software: SAS/SPSS/STATA/R, PASS, NVivO, RevMan, Endnote, etc.
· Competence with computer programs (especially MS Office; MS Word, MS Excel) and electronic communication (email and internet);
· Team player, can-do attitude and good time management;
· Great enthusiasm in research work;
· Flexibility and willingness to travel to meet with project staff and work as required to meet timelines.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 30/04/2018