Context and Role
George institute in collaboration with the All India Institute of Medical Science, Delhi is developing a behavioural intervention delivered via a mobile application aimed to support rehabilitation following knee replacement. This is a 5-year project that involves a formative phase, pilot testing and an intervention phase. The formative phase involves extensive literature review, primary data collection, consultation meetings with various stake holders that will feed into the content and design the mobile application. The mobile application developed at the George institute will be pilot tested and then evaluated in a randomised control trial. This is a DBT-Wellcome trust India Alliance funded project.
For this project there is a requirement for a research staff to liaise with the investigators at the orthopedics department of AIIMS for data collection using quantitative and qualitative methods and perform the field testing of the mobile application.
The appointed person will directly report to, Lead, Better treatments. The appointed person is expected to liaise with the site investigators at AIIMS and the research team at TGI.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
The research assistant is expected to be involved with patient enrollment and primary data collection activites at the clinical site at ALL India Institute of Medical Sciences. The person will be responsible for
- Performing routine work data collection work under guidance
- Performing day to day activities related to project
- Providing broad support to more senior staff
Specifically the research assistant would be expected to:
- Assist in literature review
- Develop educational materials related to physiotherapy and life style for patients who have undergone knee replacement
- Translate or review Hindi translations of study related materials
- Screen and enroll eligible patients into the study
- Collect and enter data in electronic database
- Take part in user acceptance testing process of mobile application with stakeholders
- Clean data using statistical software
- Develop weekly and monthly reports
As a Team Member:
- Be responsible for day to day planning of activities assigned to you
- Timely reporting of study progress to your reporting manager
- Participate in team meetings and activities relating to the project;
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of the Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to GI’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with GI’s Work Health and Safety Policy and related procedures, and similar policies which apply when visiting the premises of affiliates and collaborating sites.
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualifications: Masters in Physiotherapy/ Bachelors in Physiotherapy with Masters in Clinical research or Public Health
- Experience in primary data collection at community or hospital as part of internship or dissertation work/ Atleast one year research experience in public health/clinical research projects
- Technical abilities
- Working knowledge in physiotherapy care following knee arthroplasty
- Proficient with quantitative and qualitative data collection methods
- Proficiency in basic data management
- Leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated capability to produce outcomes and achieve objectives within agreed time periods;
- Time management and good problem solving and analytical skills
- Seek guidance and revert to other when assistance is required
- Willing to learn when received feedbacks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well autonomously
- Excellent proficiency in Hindi and Reasonable level of proficiency in English
- Excellent team-working skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments;
- Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs;
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure
Reporting To: Lead, Better Treatments
Location: New Delhi
Open ended / Fixed term (Duration): Fixed term (one year)
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, current and expected CTC/salary. Clearly mentioning the job title ‘RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Telerehab01)’ in the subject line to email@example.com by the 04 October 2021
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 04/10/2021