The Research Assistant will carry out research related work at the stage of research application, implementation and publication under the guidance of research fellow.
The Research Assistant will report to the Head, Nutrition lifestyle directly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Support to the research fellow or the senior specialists from professional organizations in preparing new grant applications.
- Assist in developing study protocols, operation manuals, training programmes, health education materials, data collection tools and quality control plans.
- Keep routine communications with project implementation team to ensure that the academic support is given timely and key principles are followed accordingly during implementation, including technical training, study participants sampling and randomization, study monitoring, data collection coordination and other technical tasks for the project.
- Conduct or supervise the data cleaning, working closely with the data manager.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Master’s or higher degree in nutrition and food hygiene / social Medicine and health management / epidemiology / health economics / statistics / public health related area, or other relevant postgraduate qualification with specialist experience in these areas.
- Advanced technical writing and oral presentation skills in Mandarin and English
- Ability to perform advanced statistical analyses
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to meet with project staff and work as required to meet timelines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 31/12/2019