Research and Operations Coordinator
An exciting opportunity exists for a self-motivated Research and Operations Coordinator to work closely with our Cardiometabolic group playing an active role in research funding applications, post award management, reporting, financial management and research commercialisation. You will also guide and lead a small administration team.
To achieve this you will:
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations, Program Heads and Project Managers to ensure the budgets are on track
- Provide project and program level finance risk assessment analyses to Program Heads
- In consultation with the Director of Operations, Australia recommend and research continual improvements across the Group
- Provide research funding management including grants and coordination of ethics submissions
- Provide post award management to ensure progress report and financial acquittals delivered on time
- Provide operational support to manage new programs, where required
- Contribute to strategic planning
- Act as a liaison between the Cardiometabolic Group and the wider Institute support services
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external contracts, where required
- Coordinate quarterly and annual reports for projects
- Contribute to development of operational policies
- Collaborate with Program Heads to identify new business opportunities
- Contribute to and prepare commercial funding requests.
Your success will be based on a range of skills and experience:
- Qualification in nursing, science or health science field with relevant demonstrated experience in a medical research environment
- Strong demonstrated experience in project/program management with experience in preparing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments whilst maintain a strong focus on quality of work
- Demonstrated strong leadership and mentoring skills and capability of motivating and energising a team to perform at a high level
- Proven strong reporting capabilities to provide timely and accurate reporting with a strong emphasis on providing solution based advice.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3910841/title/Research-and-Operations-Coordinator