John Yu Fellowship
To honour The George Institute for Global Health’s distinguished former Chair, Dr John Yu, and contribute to the next generation of healthcare researchers in Asia, the Board and Directors of the George Institute have created the Dr John Yu Fellowship Program.
- Full time PhD Fellowship for citizens of PRC
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The Dr John Yu Fellowship Program consists of a prestigious three-year award, made annually to the best and brightest of the next generation of healthcare researchers from China. The Fellowship will allow successful applicants to complete their doctoral studies at The University of New South Wales Sydney under supervision and mentorship of the Institute’s leading world-class researchers. With the ability to participate in any research conducted by the Institute worldwide, the Fellowship will provide an opportunity for students to complete a truly global health doctorate.
Consistent with The George Institute’s mission to improve the lives of millions of people worldwide, the Institute seeks candidates who display strong leadership qualities, have a strong academic track record and a passion for solving the healthcare challenges facing low- and-middle income countries in the 21st century.
- Applicants should be Chinese citizens
- Applicants should have a Masters degree in Public Health or Medicine.
- Applicants should be enrolled, or meet eligibility criteria for enrolment into PhD program at The University of New South Wales Sydney.
- Applicant must be available to undertake studies in Term 1 or 2 in 2019
The fellowship is valued at up to AUD82,000 per annum and includes a stipend to support cost of living (up to AUD35,000 per annum), UNSW Sydney tuition fees, health insurance and relocation costs. The amount of the stipend will be dependent on applicant's qualifications.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae including full list of publications and presentations
- A copy of academic transcripts
- Proof of Chinese citizenship
- The names and contact details of at least two referees.
Applications will go through a selection process whereby shortlisted candidates will be contacted in August 2018.
For any queries regarding this Fellowship, please contact Annie XIAO email@example.com
Type of career: Postgraduate opportunities
Application close date: 04/08/2018