Head of Operations
- Full Time (1 FTE) permanent opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a new Head of Operations to join our leadership team.
The Head of Operations will be responsible for leading and influencing the internal operational platforms that enable The George Institute Australia (TGI AU) to fulfil its mission and objectives.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to the strategic development, leadership and management of the George Institute Australia as a member of the Australian Leadership Group to ensure that the Institute meets its operational and strategic objectives
- In conjunction with global programs, take accountability for and have strategic oversight of service and operational ‘platforms’ across The George Institute Australia
- Work closely with the various stakeholders to enable efficient and smooth operations between our CORE global functions and operations in Australia
- Deliver operational goals and projects within Australia – for example, complete review and upgrade of the current financial management processes with the Global Finance team
- Set operational budgets and monitor all budgets across Institute in Australia and highlight issues to Executive Director
- Leadership, mentoring and development of operational platform leaders
- Oversight of building facilities operations and infrastructure planning
- Monitor operational performance and assess opportunities for improvement
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- High level qualifications and experience in business and operations
- Demonstrated success working in a similar senior operational role
- Experience of an academic and/or research setting
- Proven ability in the planning and delivery of complex operational activities and initiatives
- Demonstrated capability in budget setting and financial management
- High level planning and organisational skills with ability to think strategically
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to problem solve
- Experience in initiating and enacting change in the workplace
- Ability to work across cultures and appreciate the different requirements, customs and priorities of diverse team members
- Capacity to build sustainable connections with key stakeholders
- Able to keep a large team on track and aligned with strategy.
- Holds others accountable and is experienced at motivating others to achieve results.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently to ensure work time is spent wisely on actions that will have the biggest impact.
- Capacity to work in challenging and dynamic environments
- Facilitate solutions when problems arise.
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork.
- Has strong coaching and mentoring skills. Competent at holding courageous conversations.
- Takes an active role in inspiring, guiding, and leading others to achieve.
- Communicates in a compelling way to engage and influence others.
This is a great opportunity for you to work on exciting projects and make a real impact on global health outcomes.
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th October 2021. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found, so apply now!