Expressions of Interest - PhD Opportunities
The George' is 600+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide.
The George Institute is committed to developing the next generation of health researchers to discover new ways to identify, treat and prevent chronic disease.
Therefore, we are open to receiving 'Expressions of Interest' for our current and future PhD opportunities.
Our PhD opportunities would be suitable for graduates with interest in health research and a background in public health, medicine, or similar disciplines.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae, including full list of publications and presentations
- A copy of academic transcripts
- Visa / Citizenship details
Why Study with Us?
- We're a world leading health research institute, affiliated with UNSW Sydney
- Structured postgraduate program consisting of in-house research seminars, developing students methodological, statistical and research skills
- Access to world class researchers, who are willing to provide their expertise, knowledge, advice and guidance
- We support you in publishing in leading research journals
- Opportunities to present and obtain feedback on your research internally and externally
- Potential for clinical and academic collaborations, as well as collaborations within other research fields within the Institute
- High completion rate, with students who study with the Institute obtaining their doctorates
- Collegial and stimulating environment
- Dedicated support for scholarship and funding applications
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.