Expressions of Interest - Internship Opportunities
The George Institute is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit our website to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
The George Institute is also committed to developing the next generation of health researchers to discover new ways to identify, treat and prevent chronic disease. Therefore, we are open to receiving 'Expressions of Interest' for our current and future internship opportunities.
Our future Internship opportunities would be suitable for graduates with interest in health research and a background in public health, medicine, or similar disciplines.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae, including full list of publications and presentations
- A copy of academic transcripts
- Visa / Citizenship details
Why Study with Us?
- We're a world leading health research institute, affiliated with UNSW Sydney
- Structured postgraduate program consisting of in-house research seminars, developing students methodological, statistical and research skills
- Access to world class researchers, who are willing to provide their expertise, knowledge, advice and guidance
- We support you in publishing in leading research journals
- Opportunities to present and obtain feedback on your research internally and externally
- Potential for clinical and academic collaborations, as well as collaborations within other research fields within the Institute
- High completion rate, with students who study with the Institute obtaining their doctorates
- Collegial and stimulating environment
- Dedicated support for scholarship and funding applications
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, LGBTIQ people and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Internships
City: Newtown, Sydney
Application close date: 31/01/2021