Digital Health and Innovations Project Manager/ Program Manager
About The George Institute
We are a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities aiming to challenge the status quo in health care. With 700+ people around the world, and projects in over 40 countries, our Strategy 2025 is all about impact – specifically, the impact of The George Institute’s activities on the health of millions of people, particularly those living in disadvantaged circumstances around the world.
Context and Role
TGI India Health Accelerator is a newly established unit under the George Institutes social enterprise division. TGI India Health Accelerators mission is to identify, mentor and scale affordable disruptive innovations in health. The focus is on providing affordable, innovative, and simpler life saving interventions for underserved patients suffering from chronic diseases in established and emerging markets.
Directly reports to [Oommen John]
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Develop and manage (coordinate, prepare and followup on) the detailed digital health and health innovations engagement plan in consultation with the stakeholders internally and externally.
- Assist in identifying areas for new research, investment, innovation and technologies with high potential for impact to the strategic initiatives of TGI.
- Help the development of key relationships with technology companies and other collaborators to enable establishment of partnerships that advance strategic goals of TGI India Health Accelerator
- Monitor critical path activities and highlight key risks in advance to enable mitigation plans for the health innovations / embedded start ups.
- Monitor performance against the strategic initiatives on Social Entrepeneurship of the TGI.
- Provide technical oversight for the implementation to ensure on the ground activities mirror the plan and highlight areas for improvement
- Manage incoming support issues from the customers and ensure a timely, complete response for the issue
- Complete the monthly reporting and progress cycle for the customers
- Establish a road map for the health innovation and health accelerator unit
- Engage with key stakeholders to identify opportunities and scale the health innovation
- Develop, support and lead hackathons , provide mentorship to the start ups embedded at the Health Accelerator
- Develop written and audiovisual materials for promoting the activities of India Health Accelerator Programme, TGI.
- Any other responsibilities as needed and specified
The Project Manager – Digital Health and Innovations would be expected to:
Operationalize the India Health Accelerator Programme and establish targeted innovation challenges and support the global strategic plan for disruptive entreprenurship.
As a Team Member:
- Be responsible for the India Health Accelerator Programme
- Lead and manage the health innovation fellowship programme
- Engage in market shaping activities including seeking funding for sustainability of the India Health Accelerator Programme
- Participate in team meetings and activities relating to social entreprenuership and own work area;
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of the Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to GI’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
As a Team Manager:
- Ensure direct reports understand and comply with GI’s Policies and procedures, standard operating practices, ethical practice (with respect to research) and the legislative environment.
- Be responsible for managing performance of direct reports, including the completion of plans and agreeing on work and personal objectives and reviewing such plans and objectives, in accordance with GI’s Performance Management and Development Policy.
- Act as a role model and ensure the team’s commitment to GI’s values, ensuring direct reports perform to a high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with GI’s Work Health and Safety Policy and related procedures, and similar policies which apply when visiting the premises of affiliates and collaborating sites.
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
- Ensure direct reports understand and comply with safe work practice and procedures
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor degree in either of medicine /public health/ engineering / health information sciences
- Over 5 years experience in field implementation of digital health / public health projects in India
- Prior experience in the health innovations / start up ecosystem in India or globally
- Working knowledge of English
- Masters degree in Business Management / Disruptive Entrepreunership
- Over 5 years experience in public health management working for a health care provider or research institution or health incubator/accelerator
- Experience working in a multinational organisation
- Experience managing digital health interventions / health innovators or work experience in a start up context or Innovation Investment ecosystem
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of innovation in health and development, including social innovations, technology innovations, business model and process innovations, and the various enablers of innovation, including digital tools, and the requirements for successful scaling and sustaining of innovations.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills (e.g., an excellent team player, with a demonstrable ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy in a challenging environment) that will quickly gain the customers confidence that issues are being heard and will be acted on correctly
- Understanding and track record of compliance (due diligence) with confidentiality and privacy laws
- Understanding around innovation and start up ecosystem in India
-Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English and the ability to work well autonomously;
-Excellent team-work[/leadership] skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders;
-Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments;
-Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs;
-Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure;
Reporting To: Senior Research Fellow / Digital Health and Innovations focal point
Location: New Delhi, India
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume along with cover letter, full contact details, current and expected CTC and duration of notice period. Clearly mentioning the job title Program Manager/Project Manager in the subject line to email@example.com by the 31-Dec-2021
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So, we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 31/12/2021