Data Science Program Manager
- Hybrid working arrangements available, with a combination of office and virtual work
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
- This position can be based in Australia, India or the UK
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
Please visit our website to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
Currently, an opportunity exists for a Data Science Program Manager looking to join a growing organisation.
The Data Science Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the Data Science strategy and action plan globally. We are currently seeking a member and secretary of the Data Science Steering Committee and will act as the key point of contact internally and externally.
To achieve this, the successful candidate will:
- Overall coordination of the data science program
- Drive development and implementation of the Data Science strategy and plan
- Act as member and secretary of the data science steering committee, including the coordination of meetings and circulation of minutes
- Track and monitor actions from the Data Science Steering Committee meetings
- Act as the key contact, both internally and externally, for communications related to the data science program
- Proactively engage with and convene researchers and data scientists globally
- Manage data science program budget
- Develop internal reports for the Research and Impact committee and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate funding applications related to data science applications
- Help strengthen/establish links with key strategic partners
- Help recruit dedicated data science staff
- Coordinate capacity building activities (e.g. organise internal courses, workshops, forums) related to machine learning and data analytics
- Liaise with IT, data management and other critical internal stakeholders to facilitate implementation of the Data Science plan
Success will be based on a range of skills, knowledge and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in business, management or other relevant field, with experience in or understanding of data science (or ability to develop an understanding quickly)
- Strong experience with project or program management
- Experience in the health sector
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams, managing relationships with external partners and engaging senior stakeholders
- Experience in organisational planning and capacity building
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Interest in data science
- Proficient in use of the Microsoft office suite of products including word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate multiple time zones
- Qualifications in statistics, data science or related field.
For more details, please see our Position Description.
This is a great opportunity for you to work on exciting projects and make an impact on global health outcomes.