Clinical Trials Assistant x2
- Full time (1 FTE) opportunities
- 2 year, fixed term contract
- Hybrid working arrangements available, with a combination of office and virtual work
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
- Fantastic culture
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our Clinical Trials Assistants (CTA) are vital members of our Academic Project Operations (APO) team who support the set-up, conduct and overall delivery of a projects across our various research programs.
Assisting the Project Manager, you’ll take responsibility for all administrative aspects of your projects and liaise closely with colleagues to ensure the clinical trials are tracked and documentation is created, maintained and accessible.
As members of the broader Academic Project Operations (APO) team, you will be supported to establish a strong career path with the Institute and have access to a range of benefits including not-for-profit salary packaging, hybrid working and ongoing professional development.
Please note: While we aim to assign all APO staff to areas of interest, project allocation is dependent upon research priorities and business need and may be across more than one therapeutic area.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a CTA you will gain broad exposure to the different phases of clinical trials as you:-
- Support the preparation of research ethics applications, study documentation and study forms
- Develop administrative systems and processes to support your projects
- Plan and maintain records of meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Track trial progress including patient recruitment, trial supplies and trial documentation
- Assisting in pharmacovigilance activities
- Coordinating the receipt, tracking, labelling and reporting of study samples for central analysis
- Tracking and processing invoices and authorised clinical trial payments
- Provide support for logistics for trial supplies
- Provide other administrative support to study team and division.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a health or science discipline
- Some understanding of medical terminology
- Relevant experience in a clinical research environment
- Strong general administration skills and experience, including ability to take meeting minutes and follow up action items
- High proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments
- Strong focus on quality of work.
- Based in Sydney
- Basic knowledge of clinical trial processes and ICH/GCP guidelines desirable
- Knowledge of experience in oncolology, neurology/ neuroscience or renal trials especially in a global context will be highly regarded.
This is a great opportunity for you to work on exciting projects and make an impact on global health outcomes.
For more information, please see the Position Description.
The closing date for applications is midnight, Friday 26th August, 2022. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.