- Full Time opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We are now looking for an experienced Technical Manager to help us transform our award winning FoodSwitch programme into a global impact and commercial success - generating ‘profit for purpose’ to scale across 50 countries in 5 years.
- Own the full technical program for the FoodSwitch platform - technical architecture, data management solution, web, and mobile applications
- Work with Product and Data leads to create, plan, and execute roadmaps for applications, providing technical solutions for new and enhanced features and functionality
- Manage development and support operations through three SCRUM teams
- Develop and coach engineers through regular 1:1’s, feedback sessions and performance reviews
- Optimizing solutions and resources for quality, speed, and cost
- Work amongst some of the world leaders in medical and health research
- Great working environment, casual attire and mobile workstation / remote set up
- Not for profit status tax breaks through salary packaging
- Tailored career development planning
Who we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years Technical Lead or Management experience with qualifications in a related science or computer science discipline
- A solid understanding of mobile and web applications
- Proven experience in managing a technical development team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects: MVP thinking; resource management, timelines, and budgets
- Strong analytical skills, ability to diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues
- Past experience with hands on coding, in one or more languages
- Fluent in latest technical development concepts, software tools, technologies, database concepts and design techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A Commitment to stay updated with industry trends
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture, with excellent staff benefits including salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
We are reviewing applications as soon as we receive them, so please apply now!