The Statistical Programmer is responsible for the analysis of medical research projects
conducted in The George Institute, China or from external institute.
The Statistical Programmer will directly report to the Head, Biostatistics and Economic Evaluation Program in Beijing.
- Participate in analysis planning activities in order to meet study objectives in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Work in collaboration with members of statistics, data management, clinical and project teams on preparation of study analysis report submitted to study sponsors and regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the design and implementation of integrated analyses of multiple databases.
- Prepare derived datasets for the analyses using SAS software.
- Write programming specifications for analysis files based on statistical analysis plans.
- Programming using SAS and validate statistical analyses done by junior programmer.
- Work in designing and preparing programs to produce tables and listings, and figures for presentation, manuscripts and regulatory submissions based on statistical analysis plans
- Contribute to write manuscripts that are suitable for publication
- Provide SAS training to members of the statistics teams as required.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate qualifications in Statistics or Epidemiology
- Minimum 3-year experience in statistical programming for medical research
- Experience in multiple aspects of clinical data processing, including the analysis of efficacy and safety data based on the methodology described in the statistical analysis plan.
- Understanding of data management principles for clinical trials and medical research
- Excellent working knowledge of SAS (mandatory) and STATA (desirable) software
- Proficiency in the use of basic and advanced SAS tools and procedures such as SAS BASE, SAS/STAT, SAS/MACRO, PROC REPORT, RPOC TABULATE, ODS, SQL and additional statistical procedures, and functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English
- Ability to work well and flexibly ie. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Ability to see the big picture, whilst still maintaining a focus on detail and implementation
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 30/10/2021