Sr. Recruitment Officer
About The George Institute
The George Institute (‘TGI’) employs 600+ people, focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide. Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
Our strategy focuses on three key research priorities:
Better Treatments: finding better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems Better Care: transforming primary health care to support better health for more people Healthier Societies: harnessing the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
The George Institute India
The George Institute, a wholly owned legal not-for-profit Indian research institute, has been conducting research related activities in India since 2002. The George Institute India’s mission mirrors that of the parent organisation, namely the discovery and implementation of solutions to chronic and disabling health problems through research, policy development and capacity building. A number of large-scale projects in population, health systems and clinical research, funded by a diverse group of sponsors, both public and private, are conducted in India. It has two offices - in Hyderabad and New Delhi, where the research staff and senior management are based.
Context and Role
The George Institute for Global Health in India is growing at a phenomenal pace. The Sr. Recruitment Officer will lead the recruitment process and support the HR team in end-to-end recruitments, own ongoing recruitment initiatives.
Directly reports to Head- Human Resources
Duties and Key Responsibilities
The Sr. Recruitment Officer would be expected to:
- Understand the requirement from the recruiting managers and review the requisitions received.
- Advertise, shortlist resumes as per the job requirement and schedule interviews.
- Negotiate and roll out the offer and complete the pre and post joining formalities
- Manage online employee database (GeorgePeople - our global HR database) at the time of recruitment.
- Ensure the organisation is building successful channels for attracting, assessing, and selecting the highest quality candidates in the most efficient manner.
- Develop creative approaches for identifying and recruiting high quality candidates, including broadening the pool of diversity talent
- Coordinate with managers to forecast the yearly recruitment needs.
- Review the current recruitment forms, guides, and processes for continuous improvement.
- Ensure digital files, data and file management of employees, interns at the time of recruitment.
- Ensure positive candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Respond to internal and external HR queries wherever possible.
- Ensure recruitment best practices are followed
- Participate in global HR projects.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
As a Team Member:
- Participate in team meetings and activities relating to human resource and own work area;
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of the Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to GI’s values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with GI’s Work Health and Safety Policy and related procedures, and similar policies which apply when visiting the premises of affiliates and collaborating sites.
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualifications: Bachelors/Master’s in Human Resources and/or specialization in Organisational Behaviour or related field is required.
- Experience of around 5-7 years in recruitment and knowledge of innovative sourcing tools/websites.
- Knowledge of social media and professional networks.
- Hands on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR database
- Experience in screening, shortlisting and interviewing, negotiating with job applicants.
- Strong ability to use MS Office (Word, powerpoint and particularly Excel)
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, with ability to influence others to achieve common goals;
- Possess a service driven approach to recruitment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English and the ability to work well autonomously;
- Excellent teamplayer, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders;
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work independently and
- under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidentiality is a must.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, clearly mentioning the job title
‘Sr. Recruitment Officer’ in the subject line to email@example.com by the 20th June 2022.
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 20/06/2022