Senior Research Fellow, Health Systems Science
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Initiate new research and contribute to the development of peer-reviewed publications with a health systems focus.
- Support research teams to ensure the incorporation of appropriate ‘systems thinking’ in project approach; provide assistance with the revision and augmentation of project methods to facilitate increased relevance to the relevant health system(s) in which those projects operate.
- Assess national and international funding opportunities for health systems research and enhance Institute-wide knowledge of, and engagement with, these funders.
- Organise educational seminars delivered by visiting specialists aimed at increasing exposure of all Institute staff to health systems science and its components
- Undertake thought leadership activities related to health systems research through blogs, social media posts, commissioned reviews and editorial articles
- Identify and undertake professional development opportunities to increase personal capacity in health systems science
- Attract high quality PhD students and post-doctoral fellows; and support early career academics in securing competitive scholarship funding.
- Engage with external individuals and organisations with health systems research expertise to develop partnerships for technical advice and capacity development.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- PhD in a public health related discipline
- Experience working in low and middle income countries and/ or a focus on work with under-served populations in high income countries
- Experience conducting research in one or more of the following areas: health policy and systems research, health services research, implementation science, health economic evaluation or process evaluation
- Experience working in multidisciplinary research teams and managing relationships with external partners
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated publications track record and prior public speaking engagements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well flexibly, i.e. independently and engaging with research teams
- Able to lead and coordinate the development of competitive grant applications and fellowship funding applications
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy laws and ethical guidelines relevant to medical and public health research in the regions we work
- Membership of Health Systems Global and/or other health systems research groups
- Health policy experience as evidenced by working in international organisations such as WHO, multilateral development agencies and national government appointments or consultancies
- Familiarity with both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary research teams and engage in inter-disciplinary research
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 October, 2018, clearly stating the job title ‘SRF- Health Systems Science’ in the subject line.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 14/10/2018