Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is a member of the Research Services group of The George Institute China. The role is responsible for providing high level advice, guidance and support to the research service group in the areas of quality, alignment, standardisation and development of processes and procedures to ensure that research work processes are logistically sound, efficient and appropriately resourced. In the first instance, the SPM will have approximately 0.5FTE responsibility for a specific project, but it is expected that this will reduce as the management and quality control responsibilities increase.
The Senior Project Manager will report to the Head of Research Services directly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• All activities must be conducted in accordance with project specific documentation, applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs), ICH GCP (if applicable) and applicable regulatory requirements.
• Maintain effective professional relationships with external customers, investigators and vendors. Maintain effective professional relationships with internal project team including those providing academic input.
• Provide clear guidance to project teams on project-specific deliverables.
• Provide training and quality control assessment across projects and project operational staff.
Quality Management of Research
• Work with research teams to ensure quality standards are consistently applied across all activities of The George Institute China.
• Work with the Head of Research Services and its team to co-ordinate the preparation and responses to audit findings and ensure appropriate follow-up and resolution of matters.
• Develop and harmonise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of The George Institute to ensure research conduct meets International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH)/Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and regulatory standards.
• Ensure that SOPs and procedures are integrated and followed as required for all studies utilising SOPs from other academic research organisations.
• Prepare progress reports, as required, for line management, stakeholders and clients
Compliance and Training
• Mandatory attendance at core department and project specific training
• Attend and actively participate in project management and organisational meetings and workshops
• Comply with all required project specific and The George Institute specific systems.
• Comply with all applicable regulations, guidelines, SOPs and project specific requirements. Complete and document all necessary training in the allocated system/form.
• Ensure project team members have access to necessary project specific training.
• Contribute ideas and experiences so that improve processes, tools, systems and organisation.
• Provide assistance in the management of project staff associated with research projects
• Where appropriate, manage specific project staff, and lead the objective setting, performance management and position review processes for these positions
• Provide coaching/mentoring to project operational staff across The George Institute China and actively seek to provide developmental opportunities for these staff
• Lead and support the implementation of strategies and tools to support the management of projects across The George Institute China
• Work with the Head of Research Services to provide SOP training to staff in The George Institute China
• Work with the Head of Research Services to facilitate GCP training for staff in The George Institute China
• Work cooperatively with the head of project staff in George Clinical, China, to ensure cooperation and standarisation of procedures where appropriate.
Customer Focus and Teamwork
• Attend and actively participate in The George Institute meetings and other internal meetings as required
• Promote team building and the empowerment of staff and provide a stimulating environment which encourages team and individual growth.
• Create an environment of high customer responsiveness, openness, and innovation that promotes effective change.
As a Team Member:
• Lead, where appropriate, and participate in team meetings and activities
• Lead, where appropriate, and participate in objective setting, performance management
• Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation
Occupational Health and Safety
• Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at the George Institute
• Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• A medical science or related health professional background is desirable
• At least 2 years working experience as a senior clinical associate in managing clinical research at a high level of competency
• Understanding of the importance and influence of data quality and accuracy in field investigation, population intervention and clinical research
• Excellent attention to detail and strong focus on quality of work
• Ability or previous experience managing and developing people
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
• Good communication skills in speaking and written in both Chinese and English
• Good understanding of medical terminology
• Conscientious and mature in daily work, particularly in dealing with sensitive or confidential matters; and has a high level of initiative and able to work independently and reliable.
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
• Ability to travel for site monitoring and meetings
• Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 30/11/2016