Research Services Advisor
The Research Strategy & Services (RSS) team are seeking an organised and motivated Research Services Advisor to support the George Institute by keeping abreast of, applying for and managing external funding, grant and scholarship opportunities. The Research Services Advisor will work with stakeholders and academics across the Institute.
- Grant and scholarship management - including, but not limited to, pre and post-award administration and compliance, and liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective grant and scholarship management
- Preparation of grants, ensuring compliance and effective submission and post-award management with relevant funding bodies and ethics approvals
- Source relevant funding opportunities, and communicating these opportunities to the relevant groups
- Coordinate internal peer reviews of major funding applications
- Collect information on applications, progress and publications, and maintenance of relevant databases
- Report on Institute's research outputs, performance, and the quality and impact of its research (including peer reviewed funding and publications)
- Management of internal funding schemes including assistance with advertising, application review, meeting coordination and minute taking.
- Maintenance of the Research Strategy and Services SharePoint site.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Qualifications in a relevant field is desirable (e.g. Administration, Research, Health, Science)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian and International academic and research environments; experience within a medical research institute advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with research funding applications and award funding throughout their life cycle (including pre-submission checking of funding applications and post-award management of research funding)
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, and adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong commitment to quality assurance and continuous improvement in administrative and work processes
- Intermediate skills in MS Office suite, and experience in other information management systems, and web applications advantageous
- Strong attention to detail with focus on producing high quality work results
- Excellent analytical, project management and problem solving skills, and
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
To apply for this position, please click on the following link: https://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/applyjob/3543062
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 12/06/2017