Research Fellow (Injury)
This is an exciting opportunity for a person keen on developing a career in the field of global injury public health. The role offers a prospect of working on a range of multi- centre projects in collaboration with some of the world’s leading injury researchers, clinicians and academic partners. The Research fellow is expected to contribute and build the research initiatives of the Injury division and develop his/her research expertise through the pursuit of defined research projects relevant to injury research in low and middle income countries.
The Research Fellow reports to the Head, Injury Division.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Synthesizing literature and contributing to /or leading systematic reviews
• Preparation of Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) and Governance submissions
• Contribute towards building future projects and grant applications
• Effectively produce and maintain project data. Conduct data analysis and prepare data for publications and reporting.
• Regularly update study tracking tools and systems
• Manage effective communication with internal and external study staff and key stakeholders.
• Adhere to all study protocols and participate in protocol training sessions as required.
• Adhere to safety policies and study SOPs, as outlined by The George Institute.
• Adhere to the workplace policies and procedures of individual hospital study sites, as required.
• Attend study team meetings and appropriately represent The George Institute and the study at all times while located at clinical sites.
• Other tasks as directed by the senior investigative team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Qualifications (MPH or equivalent) in community medicine, public health, epidemiology or a related science (such as sociology, anthropology with string qualitative research skills).
• Epidemiological and bio-statistical skills or strong qualitative research skills
• Excellent collaborative and networking, and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; confident interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and rigorous methodological approach
• Strong focus on quality of work and maintenance of excellent records
• Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills and the ability to work well and flexibly
• Ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 02 May 2018, clearly mentioning the job title in the subject.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 02/05/2018