Research Fellow (Health Systems)
Context & Role:
The Research Fellow is expected to have substantial experience working on health policy and systems research, and have a strong commitment to health equity and improving the responsiveness and fairness of health. S/he must have a published repertoire of ethnographic, participatory or other forms of high quality in depth qualitative research. The position requires strong team-based skills working across multiple sites, while also requiring motivation and an ability to work autonomously with quick turnaround times on deliverables.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the component of inequality mechanism assessment for this study, including developing a conceptual framework, putting together an IRB application, developing and pilot testing tools in consultation with Kerala partners
- Carrying out focus group discussions, participatory health assessments, and in depth interviews with a range of participants in their language of preference.
- The conduct and reporting of the analyses and coordination with the Quantitative Research Fellow for further refinement of analyses.
- In addition, support the design and refinement of a data visualisation tool to report this data, coordinate continuous interaction and collaboration with state department and other partners in Kerala, while also ensuring peer dissemination and public engagement related to this project.
- Organising workshops, meetings and events related to this project, particularly the component related to magnitudes of inequalities, shall be in the purview of the Research Fellow.
- Further, assist with any additional activities relevant to the project, as delegated by the Program Head.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Appropriate doctoral qualification in sociology, anthropology, development studies or a related subject in one of the disciplines of public health with relevant post-doctoral experience of minimum 3-5 years.
- Experience working with highly vulnerable population subgroups and/or health providers and policymakers
- Experience working closely with state government, with a preference for the southern states of India, especially Kerala
- Passion for and demonstrated experience in the field of public health
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams, managing relationships with external partners and engaging senior stakeholders, including those in government
- Experience writing for publication in peer- reviewed journals would be an advantage, as would experience in developing funding applications
- Availability and willingness to undertake extensive local travel in Delhi and Kerala
- Native fluency in both written and spoken Malayalam is a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently and in multiple teams
- Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
- Strong focus on quality of work
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, clearly mentioning the job title ‘RF (Health Systems)’in the subject line to email@example.com by the 13 June 2019
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi / Kerala
Application close date: 13/06/2019