Research Fellow, Global Workforce Strengthening Program
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Provide a consistent level of contribution to the research activities of the global workforce program and the Centre for Health System Science.
- Work with the head of the program in developing new study proposals.
- Assess national and international funding opportunities for global workforce-related research and enhance Institute-wide knowledge of, and engagement with, these funders.
- Organise educational seminars delivered by visiting specialists aimed at stimulating thought leadership in this area.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications as required.
- Take the lead and assist with manuscript preparation.
- Ensure that research being conducted is congruent with world best practice.
- Engage in capacity building activities for staff based in our regional offices, particularly in India and China.
- Remain abreast of global developments in workforce strengthening and related global health initiatives; providing a source of information to colleagues within the Institute.
- Supervise and recruit PhD students for the program, as needed.
- Actively develop and promote the desired culture of The George Institute by ensuring all interactions, documentation and communication are conducted in a manner which supports our mission.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant health/ medical qualification, including a PhD.
- At least 2 years post-doc experience in relevant field and preferably experience working in low and middle income countries.
- Ability to attract fellowship and other grant funding
- Experience working in multidisciplinary research teams and managing relationships with external partners.
- Experience in the coordination of health research projects.
- Availability and willingness to travel (including overseas).
- Experience in leading the writing of research papers and a demonstrated publications track record.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders.
- Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
- Strong focus on quality of work.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to email@example.com, clearly mentioning the job title 'Research Fellow- GWSP' in the subject line latest by 04 October 2018.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 04/10/2018