The Research Fellow will report to the Head, Diabetes Program directly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Support to the senior research fellow GIC or the senior specialists from professional organizations in preparing new grant applications.
- Assist in developing study protocols, operation manuals, training programmes, health education materials, data collection tools and quality control plans.
- Keep routine communications with project implementation team to ensure that the academic support is given timely and key principles are followed accordingly during implementation, including technical training, study participants sampling and randomization, study monitoring, data collection coordination and other technical tasks for the project.
- Assist or lead the data analysis and the development of reports.
- Analyse data and prepare manuscripts for publication.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Master’s or higher degree in clinical medicine/endocrinology/health service management / epidemiology /health economics / statistics / related area, or other relevant postgraduate qualification with specialist experience in these areas.
- Research or working experience in NCDs especially diabetes preferred
- Research or working background in e/m-health preferred.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to meet with project staff and work as required to meet timelines
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.