Research Assistant (Tribal Health Project)
Context and Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a person keen on working in the field of implementation research, primary health care and has an interest in tribal health. This role is designed for individuals who are looking for building a career in public health research and lead project or assist the project lead.
The Research Assistant will report to the Senior Research Fellow.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Accessing, reviewing and collating relevant peer-reviewed literature as a well as non-peer reviewed reports
- Analysing survey data such as National Sample Survey (NSS), National Family Health Survey (NFHS), Indian Human Development Survey (IHDS) or similar surveys
- Support team in formulation of study tools, data collection and statistical analysis
- Support team in developing program in CAPI based on softwares such as CSPro, Open Data Kit, or other more sophisticated software
- Perform project management role, ensuring successful implementation of the research
- Liason with the district and state stakeholders within and outside the health system
- Contribute to peer-reviewed publications
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- PhD or Post graduate degree in Statistics/ public health/ health systems/ demography*
- At least 1 year of work experience in public health research for candidate with PhD and 3 years for Post graduates*
- Familiarity/ experience in survey design, survey weights
- Experience of analyzing survey data such as NSS, NFHS, IHDS or similar surveys
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and knowledge of Assamese language.
- Competent in the use of statistical software such as STATA, R, or other programing language.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to travel to the study site and work well flexibly, i.e. independently and engaging with research teams
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the project site.
- Demonstrated experience of CAPI mode of survey
- Some knowledge and interest in developing program in CAPI based on softwares such as CSPro, Open Data Kit, or other more sophisticated software.
*Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, clearly mentioning the job title 'Research Assistant (Tribal Health Project)' in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 01 March 2020
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 01/03/2020