- Full time opportunity, fixed term for 12 months
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) employs 600+ people, focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide. Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
An opportunity exists for a proactive Receptionist to join our growing organisation. This role will have overall accountability for providing general reception and office administrative support to The George Institute staff.
To achieve this, you will cover these key duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling all incoming calls, taking incoming messages and dealing with some telephone inquiries
- Receiving visitors to the organisation, making sure they sign in and directing them accordingly
- Booking and maintaining meeting/training rooms
- Booking taxis for visitors and staff
- Booking and attending to courier deliveries and pick-up
- Liaise with the Receptionist at our other office in the King George V building in Camperdown, to ensure effective and consistent flow of communication across Sydney sites
- Responsible for maintaining a neat, organized and presentable reception area
- Responsible for the cover of the KGV reception for leave purposes as necessary
- Managing all aspects of mail including: collecting, sorting and stamping incoming mail; franking and posting outgoing mail
- Collecting and distributing faxes from fax machines
- Maintain and coordinate archiving process, storage and documentation, including liaison with off-site document storage facility
- Attending to building maintenance issues, specifically coordinating response to repairs
- Day-to-day maintenance of office equipment (phones, photocopiers, printers, toners etc.)
- Ordering and maintaining stationery stock, as well as sourcing competitive prices
- Ensure that stationery area and kitchen area (in liaison with Kitchen Attendant) are clean and tidy
- Maintain kitchen supplies and arrange maintenance and repairs of kitchen appliances
- Coordination of monthly social events
- Maintain and monitor all other relevant logbooks and documentation: access card, couriers, express post, policies and procedures etc.
- Managing access/ID cards eg activating/deactivating for after hours access, etc.
- Coordinating, requirements for functions, including sourcing and booking venues, invitations, catering, audio visual equipment, video conferencing, presentations
- Liaise with the Kitchen Attendant and his/her supervisor as require
- Maintain and update databases & Admin SharePoint page
- Word processing and data entry activities
- Update staff birthday list and advise relevant staff members as well as organising cakes, gift vouchers and cards for farewells and other special occasions as required
- Some finance duties, including raising of purchase orders and making some credit card purchases
- Assist the Office Administration Manager with adhoc administrative and office management tasks as and when required
- Assist in the organisation of relevant TGI’s event, including catering arrangements and other pertinent responsibilities
Your success will be based on a range of your key skills and experience:
- Certificate in office administration and/or sound experience managing a busy reception area
- Experience and/or ability to work in a highly professional environment
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Ability to communicate well to and work well with all levels of employees and management
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on attention to detail and quality of work
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 26/05/2019