Context and Role
The qualitative researcher will plan, execute, analyze and report on qualitative research evolving out of focus group discussions, indepth interviews, ethnographic work, situational analysis and Theory of Change workshops. There are a number of community mental health projects which have each of those components of research as outlined above. These projects have a primary focus around delivering a complex intervention among adults and adolescents in rural communities and urban slums which involve a mental health awareness raising campaign and a technology enabled mental health services delivery model. This study will cover distircts in AP, Haryana, Delhi. Other projects involving qualitative work are in the area of diabetes and kidney diseases.
Reporting Relationships: Directly reports to Deputy Director and Director of Research
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Designing and Developing tools for Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews, ethnographic interviews and observations
- Develop manual and related material for training the research team members on qualitative research skills
- Conduct training for the research staff for qualitative research
- Moderate FGDs with patients and careers, facilitate key informant interviews and exit interviews
- Supervising data collection and data management.
- Coding and Data analysis using qualitative packages such as ATLAS -Ti and N-Vivo
- Paper and report writing particularly disseminating findings of formative phase of the study.
- Any other activities as required by the projects
- Contribute to preparation of new research proposals
- Participate in education and training activities of the organization
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualifications: Masters/ Doctoral qualification in social sciences. Doctoral degree is preferred.
- Experience of 5-7 years in managing projects, leading teams, specific work tasks related to qualitative research;
- Experience of work in health related field is desirable; those without health related experience will need to demonstrate a sound understanding of research techniques as applicable in health context;
- Demonstrated capability to produce outcomes and achieve objectives within agreed time periods;
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and proven strategic thinking;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, with ability to influence others to achieve common goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English and the ability to work well autonomously;
- Excellent team-work/leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments;
- Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs;
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure;
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, clearly mentioning the job title 'Qualitative Researcher' in the subject line to email@example.com by 19 August 2019.