• Full time or Part Time, fixed term for 12 months – 4 or 5 days (Maternity Leave Cover)
• Neurological and Mental Health
Established in 1999, The George Institute for Global Health is a global, not-for-profit medical research organisation, affiliated with leading academic partners, with major centres in Australia, China, India and the United Kingdom. We have been ranked among the top 10 research institutes in the world for scientific impact. Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide.
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic Project Officer to support the Project Manager in coordinating various tasks and processes associated with running large scale and small clinical trials.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Coordinating and overseeing development of administrative processes and study tools
• Coordinating the adjudication processes and administration for the TRIDENT study
• Coordinating the development and administration of various systems and databases
• Project liaison for Data Management issues to ensure resolution
• Assisting in the planning, and management of logistics and distribution for study drug supply to study sites
• Liaising with project staff and associated activities to ensure that the project milestones, objectives and requirements are fulfilled
• Contributing to the preparation and coordination of legal contracts
• Assisting in the planning and forecasting for budgets, recruitment and study drug requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related health or science discipline
• Relevant experience in a clinical research environment would be an advantage
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills and focus on quality of work
• Demonstrated ability in working with large databases and manipulating data
• Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products particularly Excel
• Experience preparing and managing project budget
• Strong general administration skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The role is anticipated as 5 days per week, however a part time appointment is potentially available for the right candidate.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link:
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 20/08/2017