Project Manager will be responsible for managing the conduct of current projects, including management structure development, site selection, initiation, monitoring & close out, and providing general assistance to the Global Project Manager.
The Project Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager, Research Services
and Global Project Manager of the projects.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
· Lead Project Associates and Assistants to fulfil projects.
· Develop and maintain project timelines.
· Establish and monitor project budgets and expenditure.
· Certify site research coordinators are fully equipped to carry out the study.
· Ensure adherence to protocol and other guidelines and requirements relevant to the project.
· Certify data quality, accuracy, completeness and timeliness, routinely report the overall project status, and keep the reports available for scrutiny by Management Committee and external auditors.
· Manage all documentation for the project (including but not limited to all sponsors’ requirements, contact details, signed contracts, serious adverse event reports and ethics committee reports)
· Liaise with participating centre research staff to ensure the effective local management of the study where required.
· Managing interfaces with other groups and vendors (including but not restricted to the Research Fellows) to support data management, supplies management, laboratories, quality control etc.
· Manage staff associated with the projects.
· Actively develop and promote the desired culture of The George Institute by ensuring all interactions, documentation and communication is conducted in a manner which supports the stated Mission identified by The George Institute.
As a Team Member:
· Participate in team meetings and activities
· Participate in objective setting and performance management
· Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organization of GI China
Occupational Health and Safety
· Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at The George Institute
· Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
· A medical science or related health professional background is desirable
· At least 2 years working experience as a senior clinical associate in managing clinical research at a high level of competency
· Understanding of the importance and influence of data quality and accuracy in field investigation, population intervention and clinical research
· Excellent attention to detail and strong focus on quality of work
· Ability or previous experience managing and developing people
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly ie autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
· Good communication skills in speaking and written in both Chinese and English
· Good understanding of medical terminology
· Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
· Ability to travel for site monitoring and meetings
· Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 31/05/2019