- Part time or Full time (3 to 5 days), fixed term for 12 months
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
‘The George’ is 700+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated Project Assistant to join our growing organisation. The Project Assistant will support our Project Managers and study teams with various tasks associated with running a large-scale clinical trial and other clinical research projects.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of research grant applications, study documentation, study forms and the development of administrative systems and processes
- Assisting in the distribution of study documents to investigators and site staff
- Tracking study progress including patient screening and recruitment, protocol deviations and data management
- Assisting in pharmacovigilance activities
- Assisting Investigational Product and trial supplies management
- Coordinating the receipt, tracking, labelling and reporting of study blood samples for central analysis
- Tracking and processing invoices and authorised clinical trial payments
- Organising and scheduling internal and external meetings, as necessary and prepare minutes of these meetings.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in a health or science discipline
- Some understanding of medical terminology
- Basic knowledge of clinical trial processes and ICH/GCP guidelines desirable
- Strong general administration skills and experience
- Proven proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Strong focus on quality of work.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.