This is an exciting opportunity for a person keen on developing a career in the field of global injury public health. The role offers a prospect of working on a range of multi-centre projects in collaboration with some of the world’s leading injury researchers, clinicians and academic partners. The Program Manager is expected to contribute and build the research initiatives of the Injury division and develop his/her research expertise through the pursuit of defined research projects relevant to injury research in low and middle-income countries.
The Program Manager reports to the Head, Injury Division, The George Institute for Global Health.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Synthesizing literature and contributing to /or leading systematic reviews
- Report writing
- Preparation of Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) and Governance submissions
- Initiate and conduct research under limited supervision
- Contribute towards building future projects and grant applications
- Effectively produce and maintain project data. Conduct data analysis and prepare data for publications and reports.
- Regularly update study tracking tools and systems
- Manage effective communication with internal and external study staff and key stakeholders.
- Conduct staff site training as needed.
- Adhere to all study protocols and participate in protocol training sessions as required.
- Adhere to safety policies and study SOPs, as outlined by The George Institute.
- Adhere to the workplace policies and procedures of individual hospital study sites, as required.
- Attend study team meetings and appropriately represent The George Institute and the study at all times while located at clinical sites.
- Other tasks as directed by the senior investigative team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in community medicine, public health, epidemiology or a related science with research experience of 3.5 years.
- Experience within epidemiology, injury prevention, health promotion, allied health environment or equivalent
- High level epidemiological and bio-statistical skills
- Track record of published peer-reviewed journal articles
- Experience in qualitative methods and/or policy analysis would be advantageous
- Excellent collaborative and networking, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; confident interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and rigorous methodological approach
- Strong focus on quality of work and maintenance of excellent records
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills and the ability to work well and flexibly
- Ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Strong leadership and mentoring skill
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications to email@example.com by 26 Nov 2017. Please mention the job title in the subject, include cover letter with CV and contact details
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 26/11/2017