Program Coordinator, Research Training
- Full time, 1FTE opportunity (Part time, 0.8FTE will be considered for the right candidate)
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (‘TGI’) employs 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to
- Find better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
An opportunity exists for a Program Coordinator, Research Training to join our growing team.
In the last three years the George Institute embarked on the mission to become a leading research training provider in Asia. The principal role of the Program Coordinator, Research Training is to assist with development of the Institute’s research training program (online and face to face), its marketing and coordinate the Institute’s research training activities in Australia and Asia.
To achieve this you will:
- Take responsibility for the full cycle of Institute’s online and face to face training courses, from marketing to delivery of training to students
- Coordinate development of the Institute’s online and face to face training courses
- Coordinate the Institute’s marketing activities in relation to the research training program and assist with recruitment of new clients and participants for the program
- Maintain and update the Institute’s website on research training
- Develop effective course / training timetables
- Ensure a high standard of service delivery to students / trainees
- Review and monitor all training delivery to ensure it meets all relevant standards
- Coordinate the Institute’s advisory committee responsible for research training activities at the Institute.
Your success will be based on a range of your key skills and experience:
- Proven and extensive experience with coordination and marketing of training programs (ideally at a research or a tertiary education institution)
- Extensive experience of developing effective relationships with external clients locally and globally
- Sound understanding of learning management systems (e.g. Moodle)
- Experience working independently and effectively
- Excellent organisational and coordinating skills
- Effective communication skills and understanding of cross-cultural sensitivities.
- Experience in working at a tertiary institution or a health and medical research institute
- Understanding of research training or teaching in the tertiary sector
- Sound management of LMS
- Experience in dealing with clients in low and middle income countries.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities. To review the position description, please follow this link or for more information about the Institute, please visit our website.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Type of career: Jobs
City: Newtown, Sydney
Application close date: 18/08/2019