Product Manager - FoodSwitch
- Full Time opportunity
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Flexible working arrangements
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (‘TGI’) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
A unique opportunity exists for an experienced and highly motivated Product Manager to help us transform our award winning FoodSwitch programme into a global impact and commercial success - generating ‘profit for purpose’ to scale across 50 countries in 5 years.
To achieve this, the successful candidate will:
- Own, develop and manage the end-to-end Product Lifecycle of new and existing products
- Take a lead role in acceptance testing and assimilate feedback to groom the backlog
- Assist the engineering team with their story estimates, sprint loading, story sequencing by ruthlessly abstracting product functionality from 'requirements' flowing in from all quarters
- Define success metrics for new initiatives and manage existing to ensure we are moving towards our defined goals
- Create annotated wireframes and define use-cases that articulate your vision in a way that is accessible to all members of the development lifecycle
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems
- Combine judgement, commercial awareness and forward-thinking ability to define and deliver our product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities
- Work amongst some of the world leaders in medical and health research, all striving towards a shared purpose
- Great working environment, casual attire and open plan offices
- Not for profit status tax benefits through salary packaging
- Tailored career development planning
Who we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 4 years Product Management experience, with a solid understanding of mobile technologies
- You're focused on delivering innovative products with an eye on the commercial outcomes
- You have strong analytical skills: able to interpret data, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues with a commitment to stay updated with industry trends
- Demonstrated product and project management skills such as: prioritisation; MVP thinking; resources, timelines and budgets; market research; and testing
- Experience working with cross-functional and agile teams to deliver results throughout the product lifecycle
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 29th August 2021. We do however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.