Postdoctoral Research Fellow - John Chalmers Clinical Research Fellowship supported by Servier
The George Institute’s vision is to be the world's leading research centre dedicated to developing effective and affordable solutions for the healthcare challenges of the 21stcentury, especially in resource poor environments. We have more than 600 staff across the globe with centres in Australia, China, India and the United Kingdom. Our team of researchers are among the world's best with a genuine passion for improving the health of people around the world.
To celebrate and recognise one of our greats, Professor John Chalmers, we are offering The John Chalmers Clinical Research Fellowship with the support of Servier. The fellowship will be awarded to an outstanding postdoctoral clinical researcher to undertake supported research at The George Institute for Global Health in Australia. This is a full time 2-year postdoctoral fellowship, valued up to $150,000 pa, comprising salary package of $90,000 - $120,000 (depending on experience) and research support of $30,000. The award will enable the Fellow to undertake research that encompasses Professor Chalmers' areas of interest, specifically, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, renal disease and diabetes. Extension beyond the term of the fellowship is dependent on further funding being secured.
The George Institute offers a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, flexible work arrangements, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
- Applicants must hold a relevant postgraduate degree in related disciplines (including medicine, science or health)
- Experience in the development and coordination of health research projects and/or clinical trials
- Experience in writing research papers and grant applications
- Experience in data interpretation, analysis and/or statistical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly ie autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Must have right to work in Australia
All applications must be submitted via our careers webpage as a single PDF file and must include the following:
- 2 page curriculum vitae
- 4 page statement addressing the statement of claim (attached)
- Full list of publications and presentations
- A copy of academic transcripts
- 2 Referee reports which should include the following:
- The capacity in which the referee knows the Chalmers Fellowship applicant
- Comment on the applicant's suitability for a clinical research fellowship
- Comment on the applicant's potential for future leadership in their field of research
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this position, please click on the following link: https://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/applyjob/3545297
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 30/06/2017