- Part Time opportunity (0.6 FTE - 22.5 hours per week)
- Flexible working hours, spread over 4-5 days preferred
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (‘TGI’) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Due to our continued growth, The George is now seeking a proactive and self-motivated Legal Assistant.
Working within the Global function of The George Institute (which provides legal support to the Institute, as well as its commercial enterprises), the successful candidate will be accountable for the provision of administrative support to the legal team.
To achieve this, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Document management, including obtaining signatures and filing electronic copies of agreements and other legal documents
- Managing the legal contracts register, IP registers and matter management system
- Managing corporate registers including liaising with 3rd party company secretary for filings
- Legal document clean-up and formatting
- Coordinating Legal training sessions
- Managing and posting Legal policies on The George Institute’s intranet
- Managing invoices and expenses
- Organising meetings, room bookings, travel
- Calendar & diary management
- Undertaking general administrative duties
Success in this role, will be based on a range of key skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years administration experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Confidence to work independently
- Good judgement to prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A learning mindset, as there is possibility to grow this role into Paralegal role in the future
- Paralegal experience
- Experience working in a Legal office or function
- Experience in managing IP registers
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, LGBTIQ people and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Jobs
City: Newtown, Sydney
Application close date: 01/03/2020