Junior Android Developer
Context and Role
The Android Developer is expected to develop and maintain applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. His/Her primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. He/she will be working with other engineers and developers along with research staff on different layers of the application infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Directly reports to the Android Developer and the PI of the research study.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• BE/ B Tech Or M E / M Tech, preferably in Computer Science
• Three to four years of in-depth experience in developing Android OS and Java
• Currently working on Android SDK, Google deployment process and productivity tools.
• Familiarity with restful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
• Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Familiarity with continuous integration
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their resume with full contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly mentioning the job title in the subject line by 02 May 2018.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 02/05/2018