Internship - FoodSwitch
- Part Time opportunity (20-30 hours)
- 3 month contract
- Start date end of February
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (‘TGI’) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Due to our continued growth, The George is now seeking a proactive and self-motivated Intern to join our Foodswitch program.
The purpose of this internship is to help develop and maintain the FoodSwitch brand and manufacturer database. The successful intern, will also help utilise the data for the purpose of analysing and writing up a final brands and manufacturer report at the end of the internship.
- Conduct a refresh and update of the brands and manufacturers in the Australia FoodSwitch database
- Assign products to the correct brands and manufacturers, ensuring that the target required is reached
- Review and categorise products in the Australia FoodSwitch database
- Check in with managers regularly, to provide a comprehensive update of tasks and raise any issues
- Interpret extracted data and write up reports on packaged food products in Australia
- Assist the FoodSwitch team with any other food and nutrition related tasks as required
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Currently undertaking or recently completed a tertiary qualification in Health/Science, or a related field with a (minimum) distinction average
- Experience with data handling (data extraction, collation etc.)
- Competent knowledge of nutrition and food labelling
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a small team environment
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent Mircosoft Excel skills
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation
Adaptability and flexibility to handle ambiguous conditions and changing priorities
Please note this is an unpaid internship for a period of 3 months (20-30 hours per week).
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So, we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, LGBTIQ people and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Internships
City: Newtown, Sydney
Application close date: 19/02/2020