Context and Role
The George Institute for Global Health in India is growing at a phenomenal pace. The HR Officer will support the HR Manager in the implementation of HR processes, initiatives,systems and standards. This role is a generalist role – providing support to the GI India throughout the full lifecyle of its workforce.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Support the recruitment process by downloading resumes, scheduling interviews, performing reference check, assisting in shortlisting resumes for junior positions.
- Create and implement excellent onboarding/Induction process for new joiners.
- Ensure follow-up and timely reminders to employees and managers on probation and contract end and other HR related follow-up as and when required.
- Ensure consultant management, ensuring contract preparation, roll-out and sharing with finance for payments.
- Data and file management of employees, consultants, interns and other HR files.
- Managing online employee database (GeorgePeople - our global HR database)and provide support to manager and employees in resolving queries related to accessing data and information on GeorgePeople.
- Support administratively in the employee engagement events and activities.
- Work closly with the Manager HR in learning and development initiaves
- Leave management for payroll.
- Respond to internal and external HR queries wherever possible.
- Participate in global HR projects.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualifications: Bachelors/Masters in Human Resources and/or specialization in organizational behaviour
- Experience of around five years in operational/administrative HR.
- Ability to handle confidentiality is a must.
- Knowledge of human resource processes and best practices.
- Strong ability to use MS Office (Word, powerpoint and particularly Excel)
- Some experience on working with HRIS systems will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated capability to produce outcomes and achieve objectives within agreed time periods;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, with ability to influence others to achieve common goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English and the ability to work well autonomously;
- Excellent teamplayer, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments;
- Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs;
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure;
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, clearly mentioning the job title ‘HR Officer’ in the subject line to email@example.com by the 17 March 2019.