- Lead a highly effective HR team
- Respected global research organisation
- Link strategy to outcomes
The George is 600+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide.
Productive human resources business partnering is essential to our mission, so we are looking for an experienced professional to lead our small and effective Australian HR team. In this role you will embed the George's HR strategy and provide professional, value-added HR guidance and support to the Australian George Institute (GI) organisation through a team of three HR generalists and support staff. You will also have ownership of several key global HR projects and essential input into HR strategy and direction.
To achieve this you will:
- Work closely with the GI Australia senior management team in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the organisation and provide the necessary people input into the strategy
- Lead GI Australia HR team in all aspects of Business Partnership to the diverse client groups:
L&D, succession planning
Diversity & Inclusion
- Collaborate with HR peers in Australia and globally to achieve global HR priorities
- Coach line managers to achieve the best – for themselves and their teams
- Undertake projects within Australia and globally to develop systems and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the HR organization
- Participate in SAGE Athena Swan gender equity initiative for The George.
Your success will be based on a range of your key skills and experience:
- Your 10 year + generalist HR experience, with some experience working in an academic/research setting
- Your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or in human resources management
- Your experience in leading a team of HR professionals
- Your strong grasp of Australian Employment legislation
- Your proven ability to engage and influence people
This is a perfect opportunity for you to link HR strategy to the vision and mission of a leading global medical research institution and help make a genuine impact on world health outcomes.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications Close: 27 Oct 2017