Global Database Manager
- Fantastic opportunity for a leader in nutrition and data to make an impact on our award winning FoodSwitch programme
- Work in our new offices in Newtown within, a flexible work environment
The George is 600+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide
We have a Health-Technology innovation known as FoodSwitch that helps consumers make healthy food choices in the supermarket and the data platform helps government and the food industry improve the nutrition of the foods we buy.
- In 2013 it was recognized as one of the world's top 100 innovations, selected from entries spanning more than 79 countries.
- FoodSwitch now operates in 7 countries with an ambition for many more.
The Global Database Manager is accountable for the provision of high quality, global data assets for FoodSwitch. At its core, the role is to collect and curate the nutrition and composition data of a countries food products and to enable their use for academic and commercial purposes. The Global Database Manager will lead efforts that span product development, data quality, analysis, data compilation, and operational effectiveness. Working closely with their technical colleagues, they will lead the data teams' support of software systems used on FoodSwitch, defining and developing the logic for the Content Management Systems and Consumer Apps.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years relevant industry experience with a strong working knowledge of nutrition underpinned with a relevant bachelor's degree or extensive work experience.
- Proven expertise working with databases, logic around algorithms and data systems and data workflows.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work with other functions in a small team
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills
- Strong computer and data skills, including the ability to work with Excel Formulas / functions or other data analytics software
- Excellent communication skills
We are a small nimble team. We're looking for a pro-active individual with a passion for making things happen. If you think you can help us deliver our mission then let us know!
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, flexible work arrangements, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please find further information and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3857600/title/Global-Database-Manager
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 26/11/2017