Genovate Program: Health Innovation Internship
- Part or Full Time internship opportunity (20-35 hours per week)
- Paid 3 month contract
- Respected global research organisation
- Help make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (‘TGI’) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
- Taking an active part in understanding the entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Working collaboratively with the team to develop plans and strategies
- Taking an active part in specific innovation projects, to develop necessary background evidence for innovation
- Taking ownership of market analysis, consumer analysis and evidence gathering for specific projects, and providing recommendations for future activity
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Currently undertaking or recently completed, a tertiary medical, biomedical, or public health related degree (undergraduate or masters level)
- Interest in health care enterprise, medical devices, or healthcare commercialisation a must
- Experience with cardiovascular disease preferred
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a small team environment
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Adaptability and flexibility to handle changing priorities
Please note this is a paid internship for a period of 3 months (20-35 hours per week).
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th September 2020. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So, we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, LGBTIQ people and mature-aged adults.
Type of career: Internships
City: Newtown, Sydney
Application close date: 30/09/2020