Finance Business Partner / Analyst
- Full time / 1 FTE (flexibility for 0.8FTE for the right candidate)
- Hybrid role (flexible working arrangements available)
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
TGI is growing and expanding globally, and as the business environment becomes more complex, the Global Finance team is required to adapt to changes and challenges of the growth. The Finance function is evolving to meet growing demands of the business and to support this, is now looking for an experienced and dedicated Finance Business Partner / Analyst to join the team.
The successful Finance Business Partner / Analyst will work closely with business units/regions, creating a real and active partnership with both operations and management. This role is to provide 'real time' support and analysis, to be a trusted adviser and to add value that will assist in decision making. Critical to success is the ability to communicate messages clearly, to understand the audience and deliver information in a clear and user-friendly manner. The role requires a good mix of analytical and business partnering skills.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Understanding how the systems and processes work and efficiently navigate to obtain necessary data
- Providing analysis and delivering meaningful insight on the monthly results generating clear financial reports, particularly understanding the “why” on the monthly variances and providing recommendations on remedial actions that can/should be taken.
- Generating clear financial forecasts and budgets as required in the annual finance processes in conjunction with the Management & Systems Accountant
- Building a long-term three-way (P&L, Cashflow and Balance sheet) Financial model (10 years +) to understand: returns and impacts on financial investments made; and the future possible financial outturns for the Institute both within Australia and, in conjunction with the local finance teams, in the overseas units within the UK, India and China
- Providing effective support to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered by different business units
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams across the world
- Provide training to non-finance clientele as necessary on systems and processes; supporting the business in understanding financial systems and budgets
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified accountant (CA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA) with post qualifying experience of 5-8+ years of which significant experience can be demonstrated in business partnering, decision support analysis and financial modelling
- Intermediate/advanced MS Excel skills
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing environments
- Proven ability in proposing, justifying, initiating and help implementing the strategic directions of business units/regions
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to translate and present complex financial data to non-financial audience
- Ability to see the big picture whilst helping implement procedural change
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to interpret, influence, negotiate, inspire and challenge
- Medical Research/Academic/Big-Pharma experience
- Knowledge of Jedox Reporting tool
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic Great Plains (GP)
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
To apply, please forward a cover letter & up-to-date CV to Matthew Hodder, Syncarpia Recruitment - email@example.com
The closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 30th January 2022.