Digital Engagement Officer (6 months Contract)
Context and Role:
The George Institute for Global Health is looking for a Digital Engagement Officer, located in Delhi to support our global communications team for a fixed term of six months on a contract basis. We are looking for someone to help grow the web and social media channels of the George Institute.
The position will be part of The George Institute global communications and advocacy team and will report directly to the Digital Communications Advisor based in New Delhi.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone with an understanding of global and public health sector to assist our Digital Communications Advisor and help grow our web and social media channels
The Digital Engagement Officer will be required to help with following tasks:
- Plan social media awareness campaigns and social media toolkits on key health issues and programs.
- Online monitoring for specific programs across the web and social media.
- Report important and relevant online mentions on specific health keywords involving upcoming events, campaigns, news, policies, conversations etc.
- Draft social media posts from briefs, web articles, media releases and medical publications.
- Social media publishing, hashtags and post-monitoring
- SEO keyword research and Social media analytics reports
- Web publishing and posting stories on Content Management Systems like Drupal or Wordpress
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
A portfolio of 2+ years demonstrating your skills and experience thus far in social media management and web publishing. In addition to this, the following skills are required:
Qualification: A Bachelor’s degree in media, communications or public health.
- Good organisation skills, with the ability to multitask and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to perform desktop research for content and users on the web and social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to present research and data in a presentable format.
- Good English and communication skills
- Pro-active approach with the ability to keep reporting manager updated on the status
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take direction
- An understanding of SEO, web design and UX concepts
- Familiarity with social media monitoring and analytics concepts and tools
- Experience working on content management systems like Drupal or Wordpress
- Experience managing and growing social media accounts and communities – preferably from health or education sector
How to apply:
Your application should include a CV with full contact details of two referees. Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 1st January 2019.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 01/01/2019