Data Management Ⅱ
The Data Management Ⅱ is responsible for assisting in the planning, set-up, programming, monitoring and ongoing maintenance of data management systems to support research projects of George Institute and to ensure the collection of data is complete, accurate and ready for statistical analyses.
The Data Management Ⅱ will report to the Managing Director of The George Institute China directly and indirectly to the Lead, Data Management, The George Institute, global team.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Assist with the design of Case Report Forms and other data collection tools according to study protocol requirements
- Design, build and test of the electronic data collection system
- Program and validate data quality checks in the data management system (for example, inconsistent, missing and incorrect data checks)
- Generate and manage project data queries (for example, inconsistent, missing and incorrect data queries)
- Review, monitor and track the data quality and accuracy for the project Perform review and maintenance tasks on the data management systems
- Develop, validate and generate reports as required for the project Data cleaning, formatting, and data listing tasks in SAS where applicable
- Develop and maintain project data management documentation using Institute templates where available eg. Data Management Plan, Edit Check Specifications
- Contribute to and review project documentation as required
- Participate in the development and validation of new data management systems and processes as required
- Liaison with project staff (Research Fellows, Division Heads, Project Managers, CRAs, external parties) to determine data collection and reporting requirements
- Liaison with external electronic data management system vendors for projects
- Liaison with Centre of Operations and Research Excellence (CORE) for Institute quality control and compliance with standard operating systems
- Liaison with the IT team as required
- Comply with all applicable regulations, guidelines, SOPs and project-specific requirements
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor or master degree in life sciences, clinical, biological or computer sciences, statistics, epidemiology, public health or related field.
- Experience with database management or SQL programming preferred.
- Experience with any clinical database systems and statistical programs highly regarded.
- Experience with clinical research, project management and change management highly regarded.
- A certificate of MCDBA from Microsoft or DBA from Oracle and IBM preferred.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies, concepts and processes quickly.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 30/11/2021