- Contribute to high impact research
- Flexible role within a supportive environment
- 2 year fixed term contract
An exciting opportunity exists for a Data Analyst to work with teams and collaborators from around the globe to address key uncertainties in national and international efforts to improve the quality of the food environment. The Data Analyst will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of data from our food composition databases.
To achieve this you will:
- Lead analyses addressing food composition, nutrient profiling and food labelling
- Work closely with the FoodSwitch team to enhance the quality of the food composition data and develop novel methods to enhance and streamline data processing and dissemination methods
- Facilitate access of research partners to high quality data
- Assist in the coordination of research projects and work collaboratively across the institute and other research organisations
- Assist with the formulation and design of new research and development projects
- Facilitate the preparation of reports, journal publications and media outputs
- Contribute to local, national and international meetings of relevance to the area of research expertise and develop working partnerships with external research networks
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, reports and forecasts.
Your success will be based on a range of skills and experience:
- Strong quantitative research skills
- Excellent working knowledge of SAS or STATA software
- Experience in an academic or commercial research environment
- Demonstrated experience in the publication and dissemination of written and electronic reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well flexibly, i.e. independently and engaging with research teams
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Undergraduate or postgraduate training in nutrition would be an advantage however is not essential.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3883943/title/Data-Analyst
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 11/12/2017