Context and Role: The George Institute for Global Health is looking for a Communications Officer, located in New Delhi to support our India communications team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a communications or public relations professional with a strong understanding of communications for public and global health to grow our research programs and build brand portfolio with relevant stakeholders.
- Creating content for website, newsletter and for fundraising emailers
- Creating case for support
- Work closely with the Digital Communications Manager and support in the creation of social media posts
- Supporting the process of production of annual reports, flyers and other material from time to time.
- Creating event agenda, list of potential invitees, concept note and invitation copy
- Sending event invitations or emailers and managing registrations list
- Brief and co-ordinate for event photographs
- Co-ordinate to draft Thank You email and send to Attendees one or two days post event.
- Working with researchers to draft press releases and identify case studies
- Working with the media agency and the Communications Manager to distribute press releases
- Building relationships and following up with journalists to ensure strong coverage of TGI’s research
- Tracking and recording media coverage and maintaining a database of media contacts
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Portfolio of 5+ years demonstrating your skills and experience in online media and communications.
- Qualification: A Bachelor’s degree in media, communications or public health.
- Good organisation skills, with the ability to multitask and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to perform desktop research for content and users on the web and social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and ability to present research and data in a presentable format.
- Content writing experience for both print media as well as digital media
- Pro-active approach with the ability to keep the reporting manager updated on the status
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take direction
- Experience with Mailchimp or similar email marketing tools with skills to design and send emailers and e-newsletters
- Expertise in HTML, SEO, web design and UX concepts for best web practices
- Experience with Google Analytics, Webmaster tools and website metrics
- Experience in setting up, managing and optimizing google ad campaigns
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar tools for images.
- Familiarity with social media publishing, monitoring, management and analytics
- Good experience working on content management systems like Drupal or Wordpress
- Experience managing and growing social media accounts and communities – preferably from health or education sector
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details to email@example.com clearly mentioning the job title 'Communications Officer' by 17 June 2019.
Type of career: Jobs
City: New Delhi
Application close date: 17/06/2019