Duties and Key Responsibilities:
We are looking for a communications or public relations professional with strong understanding of digital media and overall communications efforts for public and global health to grow our research programs and build brand portfolio with relevant stakeholders.
- Draft engaging media and web stories to highlight the work and impact of The George Institute.
- Plan Digital content and manage day-to-day publishing across India website, Twitter and Facebook channel
- Grow our online channels - website traffic, social media engagement and email newsletter subscriptions
- Provide technical and digital support and expertise for events like event emailers, landing pages, social media promotion, managing events database.
- Creating event agenda, list of potential invitees, concept note and invitation copy with the team that will own the event
- Sending event invitations or emailers and managing registrations list
- Brief and co-ordinate for event photographs
- Co-ordinate with the communications manager to draft Thank You email and send to Attendees one or two days post event.
- Working with researchers and the communications manager to draft press releases and identify case studies
- Working with the media agency and Communications Manager to distribute press releases
- Following up with journalists to ensure strong coverage of TGI’s research
- Tracking and recording media coverage and maintaining a database of media contacts
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualification: Master'Bachelor’s degree in media, communications or public health.
- Experience of 5+ years demonstrating your skills and experience in online media and communications.
- Good organisation skills, with the ability deliver to deadlines
- Ability to perform desktop research for content and users on the web and social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and ability to simplify research
- Content writing experience for both print media as well as digital media
- Pro-active approach with the ability to keep reporting manager updated on the status
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take direction
- Experience with Mailchimp or similar email marketing tools with skills to design and send emailers and enewsletters
- Expertise in HTML, SEO, web design and UX concepts for best web practices
- Experience with google analytics, Webmaster tools and website metrics
- Experience in setting up, managing and optimizing google ad campaigns
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar tools for images.
- Familiarity with social media publishing, monitoring, management and analytics
- Good experience working on content management systems like Drupal or Wordpress
- Experience managing and growing social media accounts and communities – preferably from health or education sector
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the job title 'Communications Officer' by 04 March 2019.