Communications and Events Assistant
- Full time (1 FTE)
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people, focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide. Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
An opportunity exists for a Communications and Events Assistant to join our growing Communications & Advocacy Team.
The Communications Team provides a combined focus on media relations and a broad range of communications and writing services, including employee communications, media relations support, website management, speechwriting, content delivery for publications, both regional and global, and stakeholder management.
The Communications and Events Assistant would be responsible for the execution of event logistics for corporate and strategic events of The George Institute for Global Health (‘TGI’), Sydney. While the role will be focused on external facing events, major internal events are not outside scope and the successful candidate will also be required to provide administrative duties for the team as needed.
To achieve this, you will be responsible for:
- Delegate/guest coordination – processing event registrations and accommodation, payments and event invoicing, and assist with delegate requests
- Setting up of registration database for each event, collation of conference packs and name badges
- Budget coordination – sourcing of quotes, vendors for basis of event budget, tracking expenses, invoices
- Vendor liaison – coordinating all vendors for effective event execution
- Speaker coordination – travel arrangements including invoices, exhibitions and AV requirements, slide shows etc.
- Venue coordination – booking of rooms at TGI offices, liaising with IT and admin for venue support, onsite coordination of events
- Assisting project lead with project meetings i.e. taking minutes, coordinating committee diaries for project meetings
- Contributing ideas and innovations to continuously improve events
- Ensuring consistency of quality and staging of events across all pisions of the Institute
- General events administration i.e. database maintenance
- Liaising with design, media, government and digital engagement to enhance strategic objectives for events
- Other administration/logistics relating to our stakeholder/government meetings and forums on a need to basis.
Your success will be based on a range of your key skills and experience:
- The successful candidate will be a recent graduate in Communications or a related field, ideally with a minimum of one year’s events experience
- A high level of administrative, organisational and communication skills
- The ability to meet strict deadlines, whilst working across multiple projects
- The successful candidate will also possess demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently in the completion of priorities that may have competing deadlines
- Experience working in a communications team an advantage
- The successful candidate be a team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities. To review the position description, please follow the link or for more information about the Institute, please visit our website.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Type of career: Jobs
City: Newtown, Sydney
Application close date: 06/08/2019