The George Institute for Global Health, China (GIC) aims to facilitate the sharing of knowledge, information and ideas, and skills across all areas of clinical research, training, teaching, clinical practice, and policy development with our partners in China. The ultimate goal is a sustained commitment to the implementation of evidence-based policy and practice that addresses the burden of disease.
It is a highly customer oriented position to provide financial assistance and support to The George Institute China and George Clinical China in staff reimbursement, payment settlement and project support.
The cashier will report to the Head of Finance and Administration directly. The cashier will work closely with the accountant and finance managers in both GI and GC and also should maintain close relationships with appropriate key contact staff in Sydney office.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Be proficient with cash and bank payment procedure, manage petty cash and money conversion.
• Process payment accurately and timely upon the payment schedule and internal policy
• Perform cash and cheque custody to ensure safety, do cash count on weekly basis and bank reconciliation on a monthly basis, and report on the bank balance and other cash/bank information regularly
• Register cash and bank journals with necessary details on daily basis
• Check all request forms to ensure invoices with accurate information and appropriate approval in place.
• Update receivable invoice & receipt record list, manage the register of invoice received, follow project teams on monthly basis and stick the received invoice to vouchers.
• Deal with the new supplier setup in UFIDA
• Assist in finishing month end closing, perform monthly close activities and related account reconciliations;
• Maintain records through filing, retrieval, storage, coding, updating, scan and tracking
• Timely bind and archive vouchers and related reports
• Provide assistance to internal and external audit
• Support projects on finance assistance request.
• Maintain a good relationship with banks and tax bureaus
• Maintain and update the record of office assets on a monthly basis in UFIDA. Check accounting records with physical assets on a bi-annual basis.
• Communicate with Beijing Industry and Commercial administration, State Administration of Foreign Exchange, Finance Bureau and Public Security Bureau for annual record and update
• Other jobs assigned by the line manager
As a Team Member:
• Participate in team meetings and activities
• Participate in objective setting, performance management
• Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation
Occupational Health and Safety
• Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at the George Institute
• Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• College degree or above, accounting and related specialized graduation
• Accounting Qualification Permission is must.
• Minimum three (3) years experiences in accounting
• Good administrative and organizational skills
• Computer proficiency and ability, broad knowledge of MS Word & Excel required
• Knowledge of UFIDA preferred
• Ability to function effectively and accurately on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively on teams
• High accountability, self-motivated and attentive to details
• Good communication skills, oral and written in both Chinese and English.
• Committed to healthcare issues and to promote TGI’s mission
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadline
Please send your CV and cover letter to HR_China@georgeinstitute.org.cn
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 08/09/2015