- Full Time (1 FTE) opportunity
- 12 month, fixed term contract (with the possibility of extension)
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Administration Trainee to join our growing organisation. The Business Administration Trainee is to provide administration support to the division's Executive Assistants, the TGI Directors and other operational staff. You will be required to complete training in Certificate III in Business Administration.
Context of the Role
The Executive Directors Office (EDO), Australia is responsible for the activities of The George Institute Australia, developing its scope including both its research activities and its infrastructure and resources.
EDO works towards strengthening the relationship between the Institute and key stakeholders including UNSW, State and Federal Governments, as well ask key leaders in business and philanthropy.
The EDO is responsible the overall strategic development of the Institute in Australia.
The Business Administration Trainee is to provide administration support to the division’s Executive Assistants, Administrative Assistants, The George Institute Directors, and other operational staff, while completing on the job training in Certificate III Business Administration.
The Business Administration Trainee reports to the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director of The George Institute Australia.
There are no positions reporting to this role.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
As a Team Member:
- Participate in team meetings and activities
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools and systems
- Undertake designated administrative duties including organising couriers, organising functions, data entry and assisting the Administration team with general office admin duties.
- Assist the Executive Assistant with, arranging appointments, meeting schedules, making travel arrangements, organising functions,
- General administration duties, e.g. typing, photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, dealing with incoming and outgoing mail. Assist with processing purchase orders and invoices and expense reimbursements for the Executive Director and other program leaders
- Meet and greet visitors
- Set up for Meetings and seminars
- Assist with reception and switchboard cover
- Assist with data entry into various databases and spreadsheets
- Assist with the processing of research documents
- Participate in planning and implementing personal and career development activities.
- Actively develop job-related skills.
- Complete Cert III in Business Administration
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with Work Health and Safety legislation and operate in accordance with established Occupational Health and Safety practice and procedures at the Institute;
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Skills in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Understand the need for confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range varying stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
- Strong focus on quality of work
- You will need to be reliable and flexible
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
The closing date for applications is midnight, 14th October 2022. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.