- Full time, fixed term for 12 months (possibility for further extension)
- Vascular Metabolic Cluster
The George’ is 600+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide.
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and experienced Administration Assistant to provide administration support across our Vascular Metabolic Cluster.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing incoming enquiries, emails and requests for information relating to the Program Heads across the Vascular Metabolic Cluster
- Maintaining effective time management and organisation of the work conducted by the Program Heads and other senior academics across the Vascular Metabolic Cluster
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations, reports, grant applications and publications
- Maintaining and update the Vascular Metabolic Cluster Program Heads curriculum vitae, list of publications, and other academic contributions
- Preparing, providing support and attending various meetings
- Undertaking designated administrative duties
- Implementing appropriate filing and other office procedures
- Liaising with and building effective working relationships with employees and external clients
- Working closely with other administrators across the Vascular Metabolic Cluster and provide weekly reception relief as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant qualifications in business, administration and/or 6-8 years’ experience in an administration role
- Demonstrated excellent time management and organisation skills
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to work with business and commercially sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to evaluate and recommend changes to existing processes and procedures for greater effect
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work across several teams and managing own workload.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3693437/title/Administration-Assistant
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 27/08/2017